#Tweetinsurance is a responsive twitter service that offers quotes, instant information about branch and network hospital locations, claim and policy status updates, purchases and customer service.
Social Media is fast becoming an indispensable part of the lives of millions across the globe. According to a report by IAMAI, in 2015 there was a 100% rise in social media users in India, as compared to last year, which can be attributed to the growing internet connectivity in the countryand more people now using the internet platform. India today has over 243 million internet users, with 118 million users active on social media, with even the rural population actively engaging on this platform.
Given its vast reach and ability to connect with the people on real time, companies across industries are leveraging this platform to offer their services to the consumers, on-the-go. With Indians becoming more and more informed and connected, companies are modernizing theircommunication channels to deliver the right solutions and assistance, instantly.
The insurance industry is not far behind. Technology has been a great enabler for the general insurance industry, given that the customer has various touch-points for service delivery. The need of the hour, however, is to design customer-centric innovations that provide real time service to customers.
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, known for its industry-first initiatives has always kept customers at the core of all its innovations. It has been the company’s constant endeavor to aggressively leverage technology to bring in enhanced customer experience and transparency.
In line with its focus on harnessing the power of digital technology to provide hassle-free customer experience, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, yet again, launched a first-of-its-kind innovation in the industry – #TweetInsurance, offering customer centricity and services like never before.
The Company has been using Twitter for ORM related activities such as customer grievance handling, queries, etc. for the past few years with a high rate of success. The company has a dedicated Digital Marketing team that personally responds manually to each and every query that is addressed on this platform. This innovation is a step ahead to introduce an aspect of automation, improving on the level and TAT of customer service on the platform.
In order to build this, we did a detailed analysis of the types of queries that we received via Social Platforms, as well as the grievances that the Customer Care and Websales team received. We found that there were several common queries and grievances that could be resolved with a basic process in place, which did not require much manual intervention. With #TweetInsurance we aimed at addressing these very queries and hoped to create an automated self-service tool that the customers could then use to get instant information about these aspects with a few simple steps.
Leveraging the commonly used social media channel, Twitter, this innovative tool offers convenience to company’s customers and non-customers alike in getting insurance information and services instantly by simply sending a tweet at the Bajaj Allianz Twitter handle with relevant hashtags.
How it Works
The service does not require pre-registration. Anyone with a Twitter account can go ahead and use #TweetInsurance. The user only needs to follow our verified Twitter handle (@BajajAllinz) andsend a tweet or Direct Message (DM) to our handle with ‘#TweetInsurance’ to get started. Thiswill provide the user a list of services that can be availed on Twitter. When the user then send us the relevant hashtag, the tool will instantly send the responses as aDM to the user’s Twitter handle, thereby protecting their privacy.
To ensure maximum convenience and ease of use, the tool has also been fine-tuned to take into account syntax errors like common spelling mistakes (say in the name of the city or pincode) and give responses to the user accordingly. The illustrative examples in the responses also make it easier for the user to rectify his syntax error and resend the tweet, ensuring that he gets the information he needs without much effort.
The services that one can avail via #TweetInsurance include the following:
- Getting premium quotes on various products (#quote)
- Getting instant information about branch and network hospital locations : (#branch, #hospital)
- Getting a status update about a claim (#cstatus)
- Getting a status update about policy (#pstatus)
- Knowing claims procedure details (#claims)
- Getting your policy soft copy (#policy)
- Buying insurance online (#buy)
- Getting contact details of customer care & sales team (#customersupport & #contactsales)
The explainer video will take you through how to use this service.
- Since the launch of #TweetInsurance, within less than 2 months, the company has witnessed over 500 instances of usage
- The positive uptake of this tool has reduced the volume of direct requests related to the services which are now offered by us via #TweetInsurance, as people are using this tool to resolve these queries on their own. On an average there has been a reduction of 32% since the launch of this tool
- The TAT for addressing these queries has been greatly reduced with the introduction of this tool. For e.g. a request for the policy PDF or a claim status update earlier took up to 24 hours to resolve and now takes around 5 minutes with this tool
- For our existing customers, the data they receive related to services such as claim & policy status is more accurate, fast and comprehensive, as the tool directly pulls information from the central claims & operations databases respectively
- The tool has drawn eyeballs locally and on an international level, with tech bloggers from across the globe writing about it
The company hopes to enhance the features of this innovation, to offer a better experience to its customers.